Post-doctoral researcher at FIMM High-Content Imaging and Analysis unit
FIMM High-Content Imaging and Analysis (FIMM-HCA; https://www.fimm.fi/en/services/technology-centre/high-content-imaging-a…) unit is part of HiLIFE-HELMI (Helsinki Advanced Light Microscopy) platform and FIMM Technology Center. We provide service to our academic and commercial customers in high-content/high-throughput microscopy, image analysis and data management. FIMM-HCA is now seeking for a service-oriented post-doctoral researcher to develop and run activities of recently established core unit.
The primary activities of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Run and develop the activities of FIMM-HCA unit including:
• Project management and coordination
• High-throughput microscopy and analysis
• Development of image analysis solutions, methods and protocols
• Maintenance of the microscopes
• Administrative activities of the unit
• Collaboration with FIMM TC, other HELMI partners, and international partners
You will be a member of Peter Horvath’s research group (https://www.fimm.fi/en/research/groups/horvath), which works in close collaboration with Olli Kallioniemi’s research group (https://www.fimm.fi/en/research/groups/kallioniemi) in developing new advanced image analysis methods for biomedical applications. You will have the opportunity to build collaborative network with various academic and commercial partners in international research environment of FIMM. In your daily work, you will utilize our new PerkinElmer Opera Phenix spinning-disk high-content screening microscope, and design and run the follow-up analysis of the imaging data. You will also manage and design projects with commercial partners, and offer training to local users.
The successful candidate should
• Hold a PhD degree (or similar, or graduating soon) in computer science, cell biology or related field
• Have thorough image analysis experience
• Have experience in fluorescence microscopy
• Be technically capable of designing new image analysis pipelines and handle big data
• Be fluent in English, have good interpersonal and communication skills, a service-minded attitude, and be able to work independently as well as within a team
• Have good problem-solving and analytical skills
• Should state if also has proven experience with: project management and coordination, supervision of personnel, drug sensitivity testing, high-content microscopy, laboratory automation, robotics, and high-throughput screening
• The earlier experience on collaboration with companies, and activities in high-throughput microscopy is not essential but beneficial
The salary will be commensurate with qualifications based on the university salary system. A contract will be offered initially until 31.12.2019. Extension beyond this is possible depending on the availability of funding.
Application should be written in English and include a cover letter and CV with contact information for two referees.
Please submit your applications through the University of Helsinki electronic recruitment system by clicking on the Apply link. Internal applicants (i.e., current employees of the University of Helsinki) please submit your applications through the SAP HR portal by September 25, 2017. Election of candidates will commence on September 26, 2017.
For further information please visit our website at http://www.fimm.fi or contact a current unit head Lassi Paavolainen (lassi.paavolainen(at)helsinki.fi), or Vilja Pietiäinen (vilja.pietiainen(at)helsinki.fi).
Apply at latest 25.09.2017
Monday, September 25, 2017
More information at: https://www.helsinki.fi/en/open-positions/post-doctoral-researcher-fimm