Image Analysis Staff Scientist (m/f)
Leibniz-Forschungsinstitut für Molekulare Pharmakologie (FMP), Berlin, Germany
(Job offer 25/2017)
working 39 hours/week initially temporary limited to 2 years with the potential of extension and starting as soon as possible.
Collaboration with researchers in projects that include quantitative image processing, tracking, super- resolution microscopy, live-cell imaging and correlative Light and Electron Microscopy
Development of novel algorithms for image processing
Implementation of automated microscopy acquisition with feedback from analysis
Collection, Improvement and customization of existing analysis tools
Training of facility users in Image & Data Analysis tools (ImageJ, Huygens, Imaris, Matlab, Prism)
Maintenance of Facility IT infrastructure
- Master or Engineer in (Bio)Informatics, (Bio)Physics, Applied Mathematics or related areas with profound knowledge in Image Analysis
- Experience with Image processing, data visualization and software development (e.g. ImageJ, Python or Matlab)
- Familiarity with biological data is a plus
- Experience of working in interdisciplinary projects is advantageous
- Very good English skills and being a strong team player with excellent communication skills
Salaries will be based on TVöD. In 2013, the institute has been awarded the certificate of the audit Beruf und Familie as family-friendly employer. We offer equal opportunities regardless of gender and welcome applications of disabled candidates. They will be preferred in case of equal qualification.
Please address your application, preferably as a single pdf, to Frau Spors (firstname.lastname@example.org) until 31st October 2017.