BioImage Analyst for scientific imaging platform
IBMC/i3S, Porto, Portugal
The IBMC – Instituto de Biologia Molecular e Celular is opening of an international selection tender for 1 vacancy of doctorate to perform duties of scientific research in the scientific area of Bio-Imaging, under a work contract with non-fixed term, in order to develop research activities on bio-image analysis at the i3S Advanced Light Microscopy scientific platform . The researcher should collaborate with the platform’s users by providing training and support to solve their problems of image analysis. Additionally, should collaborate in the organization of postgraduate courses in the area. Other functions may include mentoring master and doctoral students.
Admission requirements are:
PhD Degree in engineering, mathematics, computer science, physics, biosciences or similar.
– experience in digital image processing, analysis and quantification;
– experience with scientific image analysis open source software packages including ImageJ / Fiji;
– experience with programming languages: Matlab, Python, R or Java;
– experience in the design, construction and implementation of workflows for image analysis;
– knowledge of statistical analysis
– previous experience with biological or medical imaging is desirable.
More informations at: https://www.ibmc.up.pt/sites/default/files/bioimage_analyst_roteiro_paula_sampaio.pdf
For informal inquiries, please contact:
Candidates shall submit their application from the 15th January 2018 to 10th February 2018 to: http://www.ibmc.up.pt/gestaocandidaturas/index.php?codigo=ROTEIRO1802