The Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research (FMI) is an international biomedical research center with approximately 350 members. It is affiliated with the University of Basel and supported by the Novartis Research Foundation. We exploit a wide range of technologies to explore molecular mechanisms underlying biomedical processes in health and disease. Supporting the FMI scientists in their research are a number of outstanding technology platforms, including the Facility for Advanced Imaging and Microscopy (FAIM), which has a full-time position available immediately for an experienced and self-motivated BioImage Analyst.
IN THIS POSITION YOU WILL
- program cutting-edge image processing plugins and scripts (Matlab, Python and ImageJ) to help FMI researchers to answer their biological questions.
- collaborate with our Machine-/Deep-Learning specialist and Big Data systems administrator, as well as with other in-house programmers to setup workflows for big data processing.
- teach and help users with image processing using solutions developed in house as well as commercial packages (Imaris, Arivis, Huygens, ImageJ, Neurolucida, Amira) on a day-to-day basis.
- report to the facility managers.
FOR THIS CHALLENGING POSITION YOU POSSESS
- a Ph.D. or equivalent experience in biology or computer/engineering sciences, with several years of experience in image processing of fluorescence and electron microscopy images in biology.
- very good knowledge of different image processing software, image-processing methods and programming languages (Matlab is mandatory; Python is a “plus”).
- excellent communication and teaching skills, the desire to work as a team member, and fluency in English.
Have we raised your interest? If you would like to join a dynamic research institute, we look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your application and documents including three names for references by January 31, 2018 at
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research