Since 2017, ITC Conference grants: a new tool to support Early Careers
Extract from the COST Vademecum:
"Conference Grants are aimed at supporting PhD students and Early Career Investigator researchers from Participating ITC (Inclusiveness Target Countries) to attend international science and technology related conferences not specifically organised by the COST Action."
Details of Call 1 (Oct 2017 - April 2018)
- PhD student or Early Career Investigator (<8 years after PhD) affiliated to a research institution in a ITC country.
- Target conference and candidate's contribution in scope with NEUBIAS.
- Target conference during the period January 01-April 15th, 2018.
NEUBIAS Expectations for the successful Grantees
- Requisite: Candidate is listed in the conference program with a oral/poster communication to receive the grant
(but application can be submitted before program confirmation, and evaluation can be performed beforehand).
- Evaluation of the application by experts/committee. Scoring attributed to criteria such as:
- Contribution Quality
- Candidate's CV
- Conference Quality/relevance/visibility
- Grantee must provide a short conference report
- Grantee must contribute to NEUBIAS webtool biii.eu with new entries reflecting the conference program
- Refund after the conference upon completion of report.
- Refund can be total or partial, and includes registration fee, travel, accommodation, subsistence.
- Conferences in Europe preferred, outside of Europe possible.
How to apply
- Fill in the Application Form and return it to the ITC-Conference-Grants Coordinator and Chair (see details in the form).
- Application Deadline 12th of December 2017.
"ITC Countries" eligible to competitive ITC Conferrence grants offered by NEUBIAS
Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Turkey.
ITC-CGs Coordination / Committee
Irene Fondón - WG3 coLeader - ITC-CGs Committee Coordinator
Natasa Sladoje - Serbia MC Member, WG6 coLeader - Committee member
Julia Fernandez-Rodriguez - Sweden MC Member, WG7 Leader - Committee member
Perrine Paul-Gilloteaux - France MC Member, WG4 Leader - Committee member
Paula Sampaio - Portugal MC Substitute, WG3 Leader - Committee member
Sebastian Munck - Belgium MC Member, WG1 Leader - Committee member
Kota Miura - Vice-Chair, Germany MC Member, WG6 Leader - Committee member
Julien Colombelli - Chair - Committee member