INSTITUT CURIE (Paris, FRANCE)
The Genetics and Development Biology Unit (ugbdd.curie.fr) at Institut Curie is a multidisciplinary department whose main objective is the study of events controlling cell dynamics during embryonic development. The research teams intensively use optical fluorescence microscopy to visualize in real time different biological processes in various animal models (Drosophila, zebrafish and mouse). Within the Labex-DEEP program (labex-deep.fr), we are looking for a bioimage analyst.
* Designing and implementing tools for image analysis and processing using ImageJ and/or Matlab.
* Set-up advanced workflow. e.g. image segmentation, quantify intracellular protein distribution, pattern recognition, tracking of dynamic particle …
* Work with scientists for writing / implementing algorithms for solving image processing problems from multidimensional microscopy datasets.
* Improve existing tools (computing speed, user interface, creating workflow).
* Validation of developed tools.
* Train scientists in the use of developed tools and make tutorials.
* University degree (Master, PhD), engineering school or equivalent degree with a strong specialization in image processing and analysis.
* Experience in the development of tools to process and analyse multidimensional fluorescence microscopy datasets using ImageJ (macro scripting and writing java plugins) and/or Matlab.
* Good knowledge of segmentation algorithms, object tracking, pattern recognition.
* Ability to work in teams while managing multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of technical autonomy.
* Able to communicate in English.
Please send your CV, cover letter and contact information for two references to: email@example.com
Contract: Defined time contract (18 months renewable). Salary depending on experience and qualifications.
Applications will be reviewed when they are received.