Genmab is focused on the creation and development of innovative and differentiated antibody products, with the aim of improving the lives of cancer patients.
As Principal Scientist of the ‘Screening and Assay Technologies’ team, you will enable researchers across the organization by ensuring access to cutting edge fluorescent imaging and flow cytometry-based technologies. In this brand-new position, you will be a pivotal player in nurturing Genmab’s growth, with a knock your socks off pipeline of new products. If this sounds like you, Genmab might have your desired job as Principal Scientist Screening and Assay Technologies (SAT) in Utrecht
Your role at Genmab
Contributing to all stages of the antibody discovery process. That is what it means to work as Principal Scientist SAT in our newly built laboratories at Genmab
You will manage and expand a rapidly growing imaging facility (6 high content microscopes, including 2 spinning disk confocals), a flow cytometry facility (12 instruments, 2 research associates), and be the technology lead in various outsourced projects and academic collaborations involving 3D image based assays. Furthermore, as an imaging expert you train and advise Genmab scientists in the development of image-based assays. That is where you come in and where you can help us realize our growth ambitions. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Your up-to-date imaging expertise supports our research aimed at discovery of novel cancer immunotherapies
- Run an imaging facility, proactively enabling Genmab researchers to leverage light microscopy technologies to answer their scientific questions
- You are the imaging expert within the organization. As such you support others with the development of image-based assays and image analysis and you educate colleagues in best practices in your field
- Lead two Research Associates currently operating a flow cytometry facility
- Contribute to innovative projects within the Lead Discovery & Technology cluster and Participate in other innovation projects within Genmab
In this position, you report to the Director Screening and Assay Technologies
What we ask
A challenging ‘company expert person to go to’ position lies in store for you. That is, of course, if you have the knowledge and experience to fill the role of Principal Scientist SAT. You are someone, who enjoys working in a fast-paced biotechnology environment and to inspire others with your knowledge, enthusiasm and passion for microscopy. Following new technology developments closely, you easily define and deploy a vision in your field of expertise. You are a connector who takes initiative and strives to achieve the goals that are important to Genmab’s therapeutic antibody projects, working closely together in multidisciplinary teams. With an innovative edge, you can think out of the box, ready to try new things.
More specifically, we ask the following of you:
- PhD in (Cancer) Cell Biology, Immunology or Biotechnology
- Broad knowledge of and experience in imaging technologies
- A few years of relevant experience after attaining PhD
- Previous experience managing a core facility is preferred
- Extensive experience with multiple fluorescent imaging technologies and applications (e.g., single molecule RNA-FISH, morphology profiling, immune synapse imaging, single cell population analysis, antibody internalization, functional imaging (FRET, FLIM, FRAP, FLIP))
- Experience with live imaging technologies (for example spinning disk confocal and lattice light sheet)
- Interest in sample preparation (fixation and clearing protocols) and optimal stain choice for various microscopy techniques
- Familiarity with protein co-localization measurements using super-resolution setups (eg SIM, PALM, STORM, STED)
- Broad experience with image data analysis, management and visualization software.
- Strong affinity with experimental design, data analysis and data flows
Would you like further information before applying? That’s quite understandable. Please send your question(s) to Miranda Barten, firstname.lastname@example.org
Genmab employees work with determination and with respect for each other, consistent with our core values, to achieve our common goals. We give individuals and teams the autonomy to drive development of innovative products and solutions, knowing that integrity is a core value throughout our company. Genmab will offer the successful application a challenging position, where the right candidate will have the opportunity to work with highly specialised people across functions in an informal, multicultural culture, all aiming to make a difference for cancer patients.
Teamwork and respect are central pillars of Genmab’s culture and we therefore ensure an inclusive, open, and supportive professional work environment across our international locations. We believe that fostering workplace diversity across social, educational, cultural, national, age and gender lines is a prerequisite for the continued success of the company. We are committed to diversity at all levels of the company and strive to recruit employees with the right skills and competences, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, etc.
Please note that if you are applying for a position in the Netherlands; Genmab’s policy for all permanently budgeted hires in this location is to offer a temporary agreement for one year, followed by a contract for indefinite time regardless of seniority.