- 1 Funding, Execution and Duration
- 2 STSMs selection criteria
- 3 STSM Evaluation
- 4 Applicant and Host Institution
- 5 Mobility: From Where to Where ?
- 6 STSM applicants
- 7 Hostlabs
- 8 Anywhere in NEUBIAS COST countries and partner countries
- 9 In kind support and collaboration
- 10 BioImage Analysis, Not to access Instruments !
Funding, Execution and Duration
A Short Term Scientific Mission (STSM) grant usually covers travel and subsistence costs. The financial support granted by a STSM is a contribution to the costs of the project/mission and may not necessarily cover all the costs. The STSMs duration is minimum one week (5 working days) and maximum 90 days. In general, grants will represent an average contribution of about 1500 euros from NEUBIAS to the applicant; and the maximum defined by COST is 2500 euros. Check the Full description and the Vademecum for exact conditions. Special provisions may apply for Early Career Investigators (up to 180 days, max. 3500 euros).
The STSM will be allowed to start as soon as the evaluation grants it. Scientific evaluations will be executed within 2 weeks after the Call deadline (several Calls per year). The STSM grant will be paid to the successful applicants on completion of the STSM and after evaluation of the STSM report.
All STSMs should be terminated 15 days before the end of the current COST Grant Period. End of Grant Period 2 is on 30th of April, 2018. All STSMs in Grant Period 2 should be executed and reported by April 15th, 2018.
STSMs selection criteria
1. The application serves the goal of fostering collaboration in the field of Bioimage Analysis, in particular, establishing new scientific contacts.
2. The STSM serves for the exchange of know-how, meaning that researchers either exchange expertise due to the planned scientific visit, get practical skills by learning unique “technology” not available in their home institution and/or learn new theoretical methods or experimental approaches.
3. The scientific quality of the proposed STSM is high, its timeliness is justified, and the work plan for its realization is well founded.
4. The application should be financially justified meaning that the estimate of expenses is reasonable.
Applicant and Host Institution
The applicant must be engaged in an official research program as post-graduate student, postdoctoral fellow or research staff, or can be employed by, or affiliated to, an institution or legal entity, which has within its remit a clear association with performing research.
The following table shows the scenarios available to eligible STSM applicants.
* NNC: Near Neighbor Countries that have been approved by NEUBIAS Management Committee
** IPC: International Partner Countries that have been approved by NEUBIAS Management Committee
*** Any intergovernmental scientific research organization that is responsible for infrastructures and laboratories
whose members are countries, and the majority of which are COST Member Countries or Cooperating State (e.g. EMBL)