The 3rd Taggathon (Taggathon#3) will be hosted and organized by the Centre for Cellular Imaging, Sahlgrenska Academy, at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden, on September 11-14.
The general purpose of taggathons is to implement and feed the content of NEUBIAS webtool. This webtool aims to provide an organized repository of bio image analysis software and workflows to biologists, bioimage analysts and algorithm developers. During the first taggathon (Barcelona), a list of feature specifications has been ranked by importance, and potential web technologies reviewed and evaluated against these specifications. During the second taggathon, (Oeiras), new data models, both for the organization of the webtool content and the tags ontology, have been discussed in collaboration with NEUBIAS WG5, Eurobioimaging and Elixir, and have been implemented in the webtool. Content of the first prototype is now beein reimported in the new webtool and will need some curation in this next taggathon.
During Taggathon#3, we expect to:
- Curate the content of the new webtool
- Identify and tag more tools
- Implement synonymous terms between Biology and Image Analysis
- Discuss extensively the next milestones including forum set up, and define the use of webtool as a teaching tool.
- Demonstrate and build complex queries based on semantic web, and expose data to other projects.
- Implement prototype of Benchmarking-Webtool interaction with WG5.
Taggathon#3 will be held in parallel of Training Schools TS4 and TS5 and at the same location, but is only open on invitation. If you are interested in contributing, please contact WG4 leaders.
For more information about the venue, transport and hotels, please consult Training School web pages.